2016-17 School Year
- Medications given more than 10 days require a physician’s signature.
- Parent/guardian signature is required for the administration of any medication.
- Prescription and non-prescription medication must be in the original container.
- Changes in the administration of prescription drugs including dose and time must be in writing from the physician. Discontinuance must be in writing from the parent/guardian and/or physician.
- Medication label must contain the patient name, name of the medication, directions for use and date.
- Changes in the administration of non-prescription medications must be in writing from the parent/guardian and/or physician.
- Physician orders for medications are valid only for the current school year.
- Permission to administer “missed doses at home” must be in writing. Fax and email are permissible. Original must follow within 48 hours.
- PRN meds may not be administered more than four times in one month. No narcotic pain medications will be given at school.
- Medication should be delivered to and picked up from the clinic by a parent or authorized adult