Strength & Conditioning Internships
The Deer Park Strength and Conditioning Department is accepting applications for the position of Strength and Conditioning Intern for the Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters.
Deer Park High School is located in the southeast corner of the Greater Houston area and the strength coaches develop programs for 13 sports and over 30 teams working out of two newly renovated facilities totaling over 15,000 square feet.
The successful candidates will be required to schedule and maintain a minimum of 20 hours per week with the Strength and Conditioning Department. The program is designed for both the current undergraduate student, and the post bachelor young professional looking for experience.
The daily responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with supervision and execution of strength training programs; for assigned teams.
- Teaching student athletes proper techniques and equipment use.
- Attending to the daily maintenance of the training facilities.
- Participation in weekly projects and assignments throughout the internship program.
Interested candidates must have a strong work ethic and have a desire to become a Strength & Conditioning professional. The minimum qualification to participate is to be entering your second semester of your sophomore year in a college degree program in Exercise Science, Anatomy, Exercise Physiology, Kinesiology, Biomechanics, Measurement and Evaluation, and/or Nutrition.
Application periods for each semester are:Summer Semester (2x – paid)
- Application reviews on March 30th
- Application reviews on May 31st
- Application reviews on October 31st
Contact: Coach Troy Ramsey @ email@example.com
Former Interns2017 - 2018
2016 - 2017
- Ashley Alvarez - Student University of Georgia
- Jeremy West - Student Praire View A&M University
2015 - 2016
- Will Barker - KBRWyle Labs (NASA)
- Rashard Porche - Memorial Herman Sports Med
2014 - 2015
- Nate Furrh - Nate Furrh Fitness
- Hunter Anne Postier - Graduate Assistant Strength Coach - University of Toledo
2013 - 2014
- Stephen Whalen – Baseball Strength & Conditioning Coach – University of Texas
2012 - 2013
- Katie McClosky – United States Olympic Training Facility
- Derek Lege – Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach – New Mexico State University
- Christa Grienke – Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach – Kansas State University
- Aaron DeBoy -
2010 - 2011
- Tina Robinson –