Peachjar Flyer Distribution
Flyer Distribution - Revised January 2021
Our district wants families to know about valuable programs and resources in the community. To facilitate the delivery of this information, approved community organizations can send their flyers home to families digitally through Peachjar.
To request flyer approval, follow the steps below. Paper flyers from outside organizations will no longer be distributed.
- Visit http://www.peachjar.com
- Register as a Program Provider (account type)
- Upload your flyer for approval
Your flyer will be automatically submitted to the district office for approval. Once approved, your flyer will be emailed to parents and posted on each school’s web flyerboard for your selected duration of time. Peachjar charges a fee for this service that is typically much less than the cost to copy and deliver paper flyers to each school.
Flyers submitted for distribution must meet the following restrictions. Each flyer:
- Shall originate from a non-profit organization or municipality located within the boundaries of the Deer Park Independent School District, the city limits of Deer Park, Pasadena, Baytown, or LaPorte, or the unincorporated areas of Highlands or Lynchburg.
- Shall originate from an institution of higher learning located in Texas.
- Shall include information about age-appropriate activities or services that are designed primarily for children under the age of 18.
CONTENT RESTRICTIONS – Excerpted from District Policy GKDA [LOCAL]
Flyers for posting on bulletin boards and/or distribution to students shall not be distributed if:
- The materials are obscene, vulgar, or otherwise inappropriate for the age and maturity of the audience.
- The materials endorse actions endangering the health or safety of students.
- The materials promote illegal use of drugs, alcohol, or other controlled substances.
- The distribution of such materials would violate the intellectual property rights, privacy rights, or other rights of another person.
- The materials contain defamatory statements about public figures or others.
- The materials advocate imminent lawless or disruptive action and are likely to incite or produce such action.
- The materials are hate literature or similar publications that scurrilously attack ethnic, religious, or racial groups or contain content aimed at creating hostility and violence; and the materials would materially and substantially interfere with school activities or the rights of others.
- There is reasonable cause to believe that distribution of the nonschool literature would result in material and substantial interference with school activities or the rights of others.
- The materials do not include the name of the organization or person sponsoring the distribution.
In order to be distributed in a timely manner, each flyer should be submitted to Peachjar for approval at least two weeks prior to the desired distribution date. For more information, call 832-668-7030.