2020-21 Open Enrollment:
July 15 to August 14
Open enrollment for the 2020-21 school year will be available from July 15th to August 14th. The FFGA Enrollment site will be available 24/7 throughout the open enrollment period. Please keep in mind any changes made during this period will take effect on September 1, 2020 and will remain in effect until August 31, 2021.
Changes made outside of the open enrollment period will require a Major Life Event (MLE). If you experience an MLE, it must be reported to the Benefits Department within 30 days of the event. Please contact Cristal Soliz, Payroll and Benefits Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (832)668-7026.
Please Note: If you are currently enrolled in the Health Savings Account (HSA) or Health/Dependent Care Flex Account (FSA), you must re-enroll in these elections each year. If you do not re-enroll for these benefit elections, the deductions will not continue for the 2020-21 Plan year.
Enrollment Call Center and On-Site Enrollment Assistance
Due to COVID-19, we have decided it would be best to provide a video of the enrollment information. https://ffga.wistia.com/medias/gqz27fz1o2.This video will be available through the duration of the open enrollment period.
This year FFGA will have a call center available for employees to call for enrollment assistance. Call 855-765-4473 and select option 3 to be connected to your local First Financial branch office. The hours of operation are 8 a.m to 5 p.m (local time) Monday through Friday. There is an option to leave a voice message for a representative to call you back. Phone calls will be returned as soon as possible or the next business day if it is after hours.
If you need assistance with completing your enrollment, we will have staff available during the dates shown below to assist you. You may schedule an appointment by visiting https://deerparkenrollment.timetap.com/. Walk-ins are welcome however we will practice social distancing which will limit the number of employees allowed in the waiting area at one time.
Onsite Enrollment Assistance - ESC Building
|August 11||9:00 am - 3:00 pm|
|August 12||9:00 am - 3:00 pm|
|August 13||9:00 am - 3:00 pm|
If you are unsure of which medical plan best suits your family dynamic, please visit the “Ask Emma” feature provided by BlueCross BlueShield. Ask Emma can assist you in deciding which plan is the most suitable for your needs.
Important for 2020-21:
- ActiveCare 2: Plan has been frozen and is no longer accepting new participants. Only employees currently enrolled in the plan may remain in this plan.
- ActiveCare Primary: This is a new plan that offers lower premiums and copays for doctors visits before you meet your deductible. PCP referrals are required to see a specialist and the participants must to a provider within the network. Employees must elect this new plan during open enrollment to successfully enroll into it.
- ActiveCare Primary+: This plan is a simpler version of the current Select plan.
- ActiveCare Primary & Primary +: Participants may utilize Kelsey-Seybold providers. Kelsey-Seybold providers are now considered part of the network for these two plans.
New Providers for 2020-21
For the 2020-21 plan year, we will have new providers for Health, Life, AD&D, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability as of September 1, 2020.
- BlueCross BlueShield will become our new health provider
- District will now offer 4 health plan options (TRS-ActiveCare 2 is currently closed to new enrollees, however you may stay in this plan if you are currently enrolled in it.)
Life, AD&D, Disability, Employee Assistance Services:
- BlueCross BlueShield will become our new provider for Life, AD&D, Disability and EAP plans
- District will continue to provide $25k of employer-paid Life and AD&D insurance
- Employees will continue to have the option to elect additional Life and AD&D coverage for themselves and their eligible dependents.
Enrolling For Benefits
Once you have had a chance to review the benefits information, you are ready to enroll! Please be sure you have social security numbers and dates of birth for you and all dependents available.
Please visit https://benefits.ffga.com/deerparkisd to enroll for benefits, click “How to Enroll”.
Log In: Social Security Number
PIN: Last four digits of your social and the last two digits of the year you were born (######)
Once you have completed your enrollment, please be sure to print a copy of your confirmation statement. This will allow you to compare your confirmation statement to your benefit deductions on your September 15th earning statement.
For additional benefits questions, contact Cristal Soliz at (832)668-7026 or by email at email@example.com