2019-20 Open Enrollment:
July 8 to August 16
Open enrollment for the 2019-20 school year will be available from July 8th to August 16th. The FFGA Enrollment site will be available 24/7 throughout the open enrollment period. Please keep in mind any changes made during this period will take effect on September 1, 2019 and will remain in effect until August 31, 2020.
Changes made outside of the open enrollment period will require a Major Life Event (MLE). If you experience an MLE, it must be reported to the Benefits Department within 30 days of the event. Please contact Raquel Rodriguez, Benefits Specialist at email@example.com or by calling (832)668-7026.
Please Note: If you are currently enrolled in the Health Savings Account (HSA) or Health/Dependent Care Flex Account (FSA), you must re-enroll in these elections each year. If you do not re-enroll for these benefit elections, the deductions will not continue for the 2019-20 Plan year.
Enrollment Meetings and On-Site Enrollment Assistance
If you have questions about your benefit options or wish to learn more about your available options, please attend one of our informational meetings. We will have staff on hand to assist you with questions.
Benefit Information Meetings - ESC Building
|July 15||10:00 am|
|July 25||11:00 am & 1:00 pm|
|July 31||3:30 pm|
If you need assistance with completing your enrollment, we will have staff available during the dates shown below to assist you.
OnSite Enrollment Assistance - ESC Building
|August 12||9:00 am - 3:00 pm|
|August 13||11:00 am - 4:00 pm|
|August 14||9:00 am - 3:00 pm|
Meet ALEX App
If you are unsure of which medical plan best suits your family dynamic, please visit the “Meet ALEX” feature provided by AETNA. Meet ALEX can assist you on deciding which plan is the most suitable for your needs, once you answer a few questions.
Important for 2019-20:
- ActiveCare 2 Plan has been frozen and is no longer accepting new participants. Only employees currently enrolled in the plan may remain in this plan.
- ActiveCare Select: For employees enrolling in the Select plan, please be aware this is an in-network only plan. Participants must select one network, the Memorial Hermann Accountable Care Network or the Kelsey Select Network.
- ActiveCare 1HD & ActiveCare 2: Participants may utilize Kelsey-Seybold providers. Kelsey-Seybold providers are now considered part of the network for these two plans.
New Providers for 2019-20
For the 2019-20 plan year, we will have new providers for Dental, Life, AD&D, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability and Cancer Insurance as of September 1, 2019.
- MetLife will become our new dental provider
- District will continue to offer 3 dental plan options
- Due to change in provider, employees must re-select a dental plan during open enrollment
Life, AD&D, Disability, Employee Assistance Services:
- Dearborn will become our new provider for Life, AD&D, Disability and EAP plans
- District will continue to provide $25k of employer paid Life and AD&D insurance
- Employees will continue to have the option to elect additional Life and AD&D coverage for themselves and their eligible dependents.
- American Fidelity will become our new cancer insurance provider
- Employees currently enrolled in the Allstate Cancer Insurance will automatically be migrated to the new provider
Enrolling For Benefits
Once you have had a chance to review the benefit information, you are ready to enroll! Please be sure you have social security numbers and date of birth for you and all dependents available.
Please visit https://benefits.ffga.com/deerparkisd to enroll for benefits, click “How to Enroll”.
Log In: Social Security Number
PIN: Last four digits of your social and the last two digits of the year you were born (######)
Once you have completed your enrollment, please be sure to print a copy of your confirmation statement. This will allow you to compare your confirmation statement to your benefit deductions on your September 15th earning statement.
For additional benefits questions, contact Raquel Rodriguez at (832)668-7026 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org