Mrs. May's Classroom WebsiteName: Mindy MayGrade/Subject(s): English II Pre-APRoom Number: 2205 (Writer's Block)Phone Number: 832.668.7200, x72205Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgConference Times: 1st period(8:45-9:37 AM)
Supplies Needed for Class
- File folder with tab (any color or design) to leave in classroom for student writing pieces
- Notebook paper (either college or wide-ruled is acceptable)
- Blue or black pen (no pink, purple, green, etc.)
- Ear buds (for use with iPad)
- Books for outside reading (see list below)
- OPTIONAL: stylus (for use with iPad) - select an option that will allow for writing responses and annotating documents
*Students will also receive a consumable texts and resource guide near the start of school that will be used in class most days.
Books to Purchase for 2018-2019
Please plan to purchase your own copy of the titles listed below from your favorite bookstore or online retailer. Students are expected to annotate while reading over the duration of several weeks. While electronic copies are acceptable for students to read at home, they will not be allowed for in-class assignments.
First Nine Weeks: Ethan Frome by Edith Wharton (need by Sep. 12)
Second Nine Weeks: Frankenstein by Mary Shelley (need by Oct. 29); preferred editions include Literary Touchstone or Signet Classics
Third Nine Weeks: The Theban Plays by Sophocles, to include Oedipus Rex, Oedipus at Colonus, and Antigone (please find the Dover Thrift Edition by January 9); The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls (need by Feb. 18)
Fourth Nine Weeks: multi-cultural book choices to be announced in April