Information about DPHS Graduation 2019
We look forward to celebrating graduation with 944 Deer Park High School seniors at 7 p.m. on Friday night, May 24, and we would like to share some information that will help make the event a successful one.
• The Clyde Abshier Stadium gates will open at 6 p.m. All family members and community members must enter through the regular ticket gates on the home or visitor side of the stadium. Members of the general public will not be allowed entry through the maintenance access gates.
• Abshier Stadium is a non-smoking facility.
• No air horns, noise makers, live animals, drones, signs, balloons or coolers will be allowed inside the stadium.
• Please be courteous and respectful as each student’s name is called.
• Due to the large number of guests expected at graduation, saving seats is not allowed.
• Family and friends are to remain in the stands until the conclusion of the school song at the end of the ceremony.
• At the stadium, there is a limited amount of handicapped seating available on a first-come, first-served basis. Additional handicapped seating is available at the DPHS Performing Arts Center.
• Parking at Abshier Stadium fills up fast; therefore, to help alleviate this problem, please consider car-pooling to graduation.
If the graduation ceremony is delayed due to rain, an announcement will be posted on the District website at http://www.dpisd.org and on the District social media accounts at http://www.facebook.com/dpisd and http://www.twitter.com/dpisd.
ADDITIONAL VIEWING OPTIONS
Live streaming of the graduation ceremony will be available in the DPHS Performing Arts Center and on the District website at http://www.dpisd.org/graduation. The PAC will open at 6 p.m.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation in helping us create a respectful and enjoyable ceremony for our seniors and their families.