DPHS Activities Calendar Dates 2018-2019
Purchase your Wolters T-shirt! See Mrs. Harris in the main office to purchase one:
Apr. 9 to May 30th - After school Tennis program, see flyer below.
May 17-24 - Friday, May 17th through Friday May 24th, students will not be allowed to bring backpacks, bags, or large purses to school. This includes athletic or equipment bags of any type. Code of conduct will strictly be enforced with regard to any inappropriate student activity. Infractions may result in suspension, DAEP and loss of privilege to participate in graduation ceremonies.
May 17 - All seniors will have Mandatory graduation practice on Friday, May 17thbeginning at 7:30 a.m. All seniors will be required to attend this meeting. Seniors must be in dress code compliance and they must enter from either the athletic doors or the south student entrance. The meeting should finish by 8:40 a.m. Graduation seating assignments will be distributed in Advisory class on Wednesday, May 15th. Wolters students call 832-668-7400 for more information.
May 21-24 - Spring Semester Exam Schedule, see flyer below
May 24 -
Graduation Ceremony - May 24th at 7:00 p.m. at Abshier Stadium. You must be in dress code. Graduates must report to the auxiliary gym at 5:45 p.m. All students must enter from the athletic side by the tennis courts.
- GRADUATION We look forward to celebrating graduation with 944 Deer Park High School seniors, and we would like to share some information that will help make the event a successful one.
- The Clyde Abshier Stadium gates will open at 6 p.m. All family members and community members must enter through the regular ticket gates on the home or visitor side of the stadium. Members of the general public will not be allowed entry through the maintenance access gates.
- Abshier Stadium is a non-smoking facility.
- No air horns, noise makers, live animals, drones, signs, balloons or coolers will be allowed inside the stadium.
- Please be courteous and respectful as each student’s name is called.
- Due to the large number of guests expected at graduation, saving seats is not allowed.
- Family and friends are to remain in the stands until the conclusion of the school song at the end of the ceremony.
- At the stadium, there is a limited amount of handicapped seating available on a first-come, first-served basis. Additional handicapped seating is available at the DPHS Performing Arts Center.
- Parking at Abshier Stadium fills up fast; therefore, to help alleviate this problem, please consider car-pooling to graduation.
- INCLEMENT WEATHER If Friday's ceremony is delayed due to rain, an announcement will be posted on the District website at http://www.dpisd.org and on the District social media accounts at http://www.facebook.com/dpisd and http://www.twitter.com/dpisd.
- ADDITIONAL VIEWING OPTIONS Live Stream of the graduation ceremony will be available in the DPHS Performing Arts Center and on the District website at http://www.dpisd.org/graduation. The PAC will open at 6:00 p.m.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation in helping us create a respectful and enjoyable ceremony for our seniors and their families.
May 24 -
Project Graduation 2019 – will be held on May 24, 2019 presented by the Class of 2019 Parents! For more information you can reach Beth Dombrowa at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text on her cell 713-725-7418.
*Party begins at 11:00 p.m. and runs until 6:00 a.m., Students who have not pre-paid will pay $25 at the door, along with a signed parent/student contract.
*Activities planned are laser tag, dodgeball, casino tables, hamster ball races, obstacle course, movies and more!!! There will be a ton to do at the party.
*We've had a very successfull fundraising year for this party, thanks to your support. Funds we've raised have been spent on great prizes the students can win at the party, including: laptops, mini-fridges, iPads, Apple Watches, airpods, cameras and more! We will also be giving away the $100 scholarship at the event.
*Parents, we still need your help! To make this a success, we are asking for parent volunteers to staff the party. We need parents to work as dealers at the casino tables, help staff food stations, and more. Shifts are 10:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m., 1:00 a.m. to 3:00 a.m. and 3:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. We also need folks to help set up starting at noon on the 24th. Don't worry - you'll get out in plenty of time to get ready for graduation.
*Also, we are in need of donations. We are accepting snacks and drinks. Your student will earn deer bucks for these donations. And, we are still accepting donations of gift cards. We plan to regularly give out gift card prizes throughout the night.
*Thank you for all of your support. To volunteer, please shoot me an email at email@example.com with your preferred time, or give me a call/text at 713-725-7418. It's going to take a lot of volunteers to pull off an event of this magnitude.
Thank you, Beth Dombrowa
May 27 - Memorial Day
June 19 -
- Diploma pick up for Wolters graduates
- If the graduate is clear of all holds for fees & fines and/or STAAR testing, they will pick their diploma up from the Registrars at South Campus during Diploma Pick Up on June 19th.
- If the graduate’s diploma is on hold, they may pick the diploma up at Wolters, once they are clear of all fees, fines and/or testing holds, beginning on Wednesday, July 24, 2019
- Wolters students needing a VOE during the summer will request their VOE at South Campus.
- Transcript Requests
- All requests for transcripts will be handled by South Campus Registrars.
June 20 - Last day to purchase DPHS 2018-2019 Yearbook