On Monday, March 23 teachers will begin virtual learning with all Deer Park ISD students. The assignments will be housed in a Learning Management System called SeeSaw for PreK-4 grade and Canvas for 5th grade. Other applications the students will possibly use include but not limited to are Nearpod, FlipGrid, iStation, and Imagine Math. All can be accessed by using a web browser or the Apps that can be found for free in the Apple Store, Google Play, or Chrome Web Store. We are aware that many students will not have access to a device at home that can accommodate the applications needed.
Students in grades PreK-4 NOT in the 3rd/4th grade Dual Language program
Please reserve a DPISD iPad by completing a form for each of your students in grades PreK through 4. One iPad will be loaned in a family during this time of school closure for every two students in grades PreK-4.
To reserve an iPad, please click on the English version or Spanish version link:
Students in the 3rd or 4th grade Dual Language program and all students in 5th grade
Students in the 3rd and 4th grade Dual Language program and students in all 5th grade classrooms are assigned an iPad for in-school use. These iPads are available for pick up without making a reservation.
Reserved iPads and iPads of students in 3rd/4th grade Dual Language and students in 5th grade can be picked up at the student’s campus on the following days and times:
- Friday, March 20 - 12 PM to 5 PM
- Saturday, March 21 - 9 AM to 12 PM
- Monday, March 23 - 9 AM to 3 PM
Procedures for picking up an iPad:
- A parent that is listed as Family 1 in Skyward will drive through the car rider line at each campus.
- He/she must show his/her driver’s license or valid ID to a DPISD employee standing outside. (Parents nor students should exit the vehicle)
- Identification will be checked in Skyward by the employee validating that the parent has a student(s) enrolled in that DPISD campus.
- The Tag Number/Serial Number of the iPad will be recorded on the Distribution Checkout Sheet.
- The parent will be handed the iPad with a charger in a bag.
- The parent will verify the number recorded and sign that the iPad was received.
When school is back in session, the student will return the iPad with the charger in the bag to their classroom teacher. If the iPad is not returned, the parent will be charged up to $500 for the device. If a student withdraws from Deer Park ISD, the parent/student should return the iPad to the Deer Park ISD Technology Building located at 301 West P Street in Deer Park.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call Technology at 832-668-7450.