The Deer Park Independent School District is a district where the core values of belief in students, educational excellence, staff accountability, fiscal responsibility, and client satisfaction are shared and practiced throughout all its operations. Furthermore, we believe that
- Students are the focal point of the educational process and the resources of the school district must be directed toward what is best for students.
- The education of children is a shared responsibility. The school system and those who work in it are accountable to the students, parents, and community for what and how students are taught. Parents are responsible for supporting the education of their children, providing an orderly learning environment in the home, and raising their children with love, discipline, and respect.
- The highly competitive, ever-changing world of tomorrow demands that each citizen be successful in meeting intellectual, economic, civic, social, and ethical challenges.
- Each student is entitled to and has the potential to benefit from a well-rounded educational program stressing fundamental academic skills as well as skills and knowledge in reasoning, citizenship, personal responsibility, interpersonal relations, and the use of technology.
- A quality learning experience can only be provided in an environment in which each student feels safe, secure, valued, and respected.
- Everything can be improved, and everyone involved in the Deer Park schools must continually strive to make our schools a better place for students.
- Collaboration in the decision-making process ensures that stakeholders are heard, divergent views are considered, ownership in solutions is available, and differences are respected.
- Quality educators are a critical component of a quality school system, and the Deer Park schools must continue to seek out, employ, and retain the very best educators.
- All people deserve courtesy and respect, and people are most productive in an environment characterized by trust, openness, and integrity.
- Trust in the financial management of the district is paramount, and trustees and administrators must demonstrate good stewardship of the district’s financial resources.