Deer Park ISD is searching for successful local college students to tutor in the AVID College Readiness System for the 2023-2024 school year. Tutor applicants must be strong in the areas of math, science, social studies, and English. AP, Pre-AP, honors and/or dual credit experience is preferred. Pay starts at $15.00 per hour. Pay increases are available for tutors who continue more than one semester.
This is an excellent opportunity for education majors and individuals pursuing service majors at nearby colleges and universities. If you are interested in becoming an AVID tutor, please follow these instructions:
- Hover over Departments in the banner above
- Choose Human Resources from the dropdown list
- Choose Job Postings from the menu on the left side of the screen
- Then Click “Start an application for employment”
- Please make sure to complete all portions of the application and submit the form
Positions are available for college students who are available to work between the hours of 7:15 a.m. – 4 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Hours vary by location and assignment. Locations available include:
- Bonnette Junior High
- Deepwater Junior High
- Deer Park High School-South Campus
If you have questions, please contact Lisa Meyer at [email protected] or 832-668-7112.