October 8, 2020
Notice is hereby given that Deer Park Independent School District Office of Special Services intends to destroy the records of all students who exited its Special Education Program during the 2013-2014 school years.
In accordance with state laws, records are maintained for five years after the student exits the Special Education Program. These records will be destroyed unless the parent/guardian or eligible (adult) student notifies the school district otherwise. Records not requested by 4:00 PM, (CT) Wednesday, November 11, will be destroyed. With proof of identity, the parent/guardian or eligible (adult) may request a copy of the records by mail.
Written request for records scheduled for destruction must include the following information:
- Student’s full legal name
- Student’s date of birth
- Date services ended
- Name and relationship of person requesting copies
- Statement indicating that there is no legal action against you that prohibits your rights to the records
- Mailing address to which the copies should be sent, or
- Contact information (phone number, email address) for notification when the records are ready to be picked up
A valid picture ID must be presented at the time the records are picked up:
Mail signed request to:
Deer Park Independent School District
2800 Texas Ave.
Deer Park TX 77536
After Thursday, November 12, 2020, all records will be destroyed in accordance with state law.