These webpages are intended to provide parents/guardians and students with essential information about the use of devices in the EMPOWER Technology Initiative of Deer Park Independent School District.
Students learn differently today from a few years ago as today’s students live in a digital world where:
- basic concepts presented with video and other digital content are more easily learned,
- the vast resources available digitally enrich traditional lessons in unlimited ways,
- and computer-based versions of common textbooks, network communications, and interactive websites create a rich learning environment geared toward the unique learning styles of today's students.
- Fall 2015 - iPad Distribution for 7th grade
- May/June 2016 - iPad Collection of 7th grade iPads
- Fall 2016 - Distribution of same iPad to 8th graders and new iPads to new 7th graders
- January 2017 - Distribution of iPads to 6th graders
- May/June 2017 - Collection of iPads from all students in grades 6-8
- Fall 2017 - Distribution of iPads to all students in grades 6-8 and a technology device to 9th graders
- May/June 2018 - Collection of technology devices from students
- Fall 2018 - Technology devices will be distributed to all students in grades 6-12