Technology Websites & Digital Resources
In Deer Park Independent School District, a variety of technology and online educational resources are used to allow students access to their own student work and data from almost any networked device, at any given time.
Online content is used to enhance the student's educational experience and develop safe, lifelong, technology skills. Safe access and full utilization of these tools hinge on the cooperation of staff, and students with the support of parent(s)/ guardian(s).
- basic concepts presented with video and other digital content are more easily learned
- the vast resources available digitally enrich traditional lessons in unlimited ways
- and computer-based versions of common textbooks, network communications, interactive websites, and apps create a rich learning environment geared toward the unique learning styles of today's students online
Key topics to think about before requesting digital resources:
- What rules does my school have for bringing in new technology?
- What value does the tool add to my instruction?
- Will my students understand how to use this tool?
- Do other teachers recommend the tool?
The use of 3rd party resources must go through the following vetting process before classroom use.
- Lesson Plan
Also please visit the following:
Texas Data Privacy Agreement
Deer Park Independent School District in collaboration with other Texas school districts (Texas Student Privacy Alliance TXSPA) shares common concerns around student privacy. The goal of the TXSPA is to set standards of both practice and expectations around student privacy such that all parties involved have a common understanding of expectations. Adopting and implementing a common Student Data Privacy Agreement shall be used by all member schools when implementing any online application. By adopting such a contract all vendors and schools have common expectations when entering into a relationship or implementation without having to renegotiate terms in every new instance.
-Information on this page is evaluated and updated annually by DPISD Instructional Technology