DPISD Earns Texas Cyberstar Certificate
The Deer Park ISD Department of Technology earned a Texas Cyberstar Certificate from the Texas Department of Information Resources (DIR). The Cyberstar Certificate recognizes public and private entities in Texas for demonstrating compliance with cybersecurity best practices in accordance with Texas Government Code §2054.5181 along with the commitment to being a good cybercitizen in the Texas cyber community.
Deer Park ISD qualifies by meeting the following requirements:
- Adopt a cybersecurity risk management program.
- Provide cybersecurity training and information to employees.
- Follows the National Institute of Standards & Technology (NIST) standards for cybersecurity.
- Incorporate public service announcements to encourage cybersecurity awareness.
- Coordinate with local and state governmental entities.
Including 12 sub-criteria for entities to be awarded a Texas Cyberstar Certificate. Certificates need to be renewed annually.
For more information on the Texas Cyberstar Certificate Program visit the Texas Department of Information Resources website