Athletic Participation Fee Information
DEER PARK ISD
Athletic Participation Fees
The athletic participation fee applies to students in grades 7 - 12 who participate in baseball, basketball, cross country, football, golf, soccer, softball, swimming & diving, tennis, track & field, or volleyball. Students participating in one or more of the above activities will be assessed one $50 fee, regardless of the number of activities in which they participate. Managers, statisticians, film crew, and student trainers are not required to pay the fee.
- Fee Payment - Parents are encouraged to utilize My School Bucks to make payments. If unable to use My School Bucks, payment can be made by submitting payment along with the Athletic Participation Fee Form to the student's campus at the following locations:
- South Campus - Athletic Trainers Office
- North Campus - Bookkeeper
- Junior Highs - Bookkeeper
- Waiver/Reduced Fee – DPISD is committed to providing all students with an opportunity to participate in athletics without creating a financial hardship for their families. Students in need may request a reduced or waived fee. Students requesting a reduced or waived fee must complete the Athletic Participation Fee Payment Form and check the appropriate box. Completed forms may be submitted to locations listed in the fee payment section above.
- To receive a reduced fee of $25, students must be approved for reduced lunch in DPISD's school lunch program
- To receive a full waiver, students must be approved for free lunch in DPISD's school lunch program
- If a student does not qualify for the free or reduced lunch program and has extenuating circumstances, their parent should contact the Director of Athletics at 832-668-7241 or email [email protected].
- Payment of the fee does not guarantee a specific position or playing time on a team.
- Refunds – Athletes who are "cut" by a coach or who decide not to join a team prior to participating in practice may receive a refund. Once an athlete makes a team and begins practice, the fee is non-refundable. Students removed from a team for disciplinary reasons will not receive a refund. Request for refunds should be received no later than 30 days after the student leaves the team. Parents should email refund request to [email protected]. Please include the child's name, grade, school, sport(s), and the reason for the refund request. Additionally, include the name, phone number, and current address of the parent requesting the refund.
All refunds will be issued to the parent listed on the Participation Fee Payment Form.
If you have any questions, please contact the Athletic Training Room at (832) 668-7245.